The Parish Council provides a number of other services, details of which are shown below:
There are allotments in Stokenchurch (next to the Medical centre) and at Water End. At present allotments are only available in Stokenchurch. The rental cost of an allotment varies according to size, but as a guide, the current cost would be about £12 per annum. The allotment rules are shown below:
The Parish of Stokenchurch owns the Allotment sites in Stokenchurch Village and at Water End: the Council and its nominees are responsible for the allocation of plots and the general supervision of the sites for the benefit and amenity of the tenants.
1. The plots are let yearly from 1st October subject to either party giving 12 month’s notice expiring on 30th September. The rent, payable yearly in advance, will be fixed by the Council. Plot rental will be assessed in units of 25 square metres.
2. Rent shall be charged at the rate of £2.00 per unit per annum. Plots taken up after 1st November will be charged proportionally.
3. Applications to fill plots must be made in writing to the Clerk, who will maintain a list of tenants and any waiting list for the allocation of plots.
4. Priority will be given to applicants resident in the Parish of Stokenchurch, although available plots may be let to applicants permanently resident in the immediate area.
5. No tenant shall be allowed to rent or sub-let a plot. No tenant may take more than one plot if to do so would prevent another applicant from doing so.
6. The death of a tenant will immediately terminate the tenancy, provided always that any family member shall have the option of continuing the tenancy.
7. Plots are to be kept cultivated, kept free from weeds and properly fertilised for the purpose of growing vegetables, soft fruit and flowers.
8. No tenant shall plant any trees, shrubs or any other plant so as to be injurious to the amenity of another plot holder; compost and manure shall be properly piled and stored and kept clear of paths.
9. Barbed wire must not be used on or around plots. Dogs are allowed only when on a lead or tethered.
10. Consideration and discretion should be used when lighting bonfires, particularly at weekends and in the summer. Bonfires should not be left unattended.
11. Sheds and greenhouses are permitted, subject to conditions. In this context, they are defined as ‘a temporary structure, constructed of wood or metal, capable of being moved without difficulty, of a floor area no greater than 36 sq ft’. Glazing must be of translucent material other than glass. The erection of a greenhouse is subject to approval of an application by the plot holder to the Parish Council. The location of any shed or greenhouse must be acceptable to the adjacent plot holder(s) and to any person appointed by the Council to oversee the allotments.
12. Storage of fuel and chemicals in sheds is prohibited,
13. Tenants shall keep the paths surrounding their plots in good order.
14. All rubbish and unused material will be removed from the allotment site(s) and disposed of by the tenant.
15. The Council reserves the right to eject summarily and without any compensation any tenant guilty of theft or other misdemeanour on the allotment site(s).
16. The Council reserves the right to amend any of the above rules as deemed necessary, with due notice being given to tenants.
17. These rules supersede any previous publication of rules or regulations relating to the use of the allotments.
The Parish Council recognises the Stokenchurch and Water End Allotment Gardeners Association, and permits the siting of their store on the hard standing adjacent to the motorway footbridge.
NB. There is no public footpath or other right of way through or across the Stokenchurch allotments.
(Approved by the Parish Council – November 2010)
The Parish Council maintains both the cemetery at the rear of the Parish Church of St. Peter and St. Paul and the now closed cemetery in Marlow Road.
Burial plots are only available to parish or former parish residents. No pre-purchase or reservation of plots is permitted. No kerbs are permitted to graves.
All memorials must be approved by the Parish Council.
|Burial plot (parishioner)||£245|
|Burial plot (former parishioner)||£490|
*Cremation plots are only available to parish or former parish residents.
Other memorials may be allowed but only after approval by the Parish Council. Please contact the Clerk for more information
There are three play areas for children in the parish. These are at: